A big issue that I have been focusing on a lot is going green. We have such little time to make a big change in saving this planet so I have started changing everyday things in my life that will make a big difference. There are 7.5 billion people on this earth if everybody does just a little it will make a lot of difference. Before having Jade I would try my best to be green but it was never a priority for me but now that I have her the last thing I have is to leave a damaged planet behind to her and her children. Now I try my hardest to be as eco-friendly as possible.
Little Things-Big Difference
I am still a mom and about to be a full-time University student so I don’t have time to spend my days planting multiple trees. It is the everyday little things that I change to make a difference.
Things I’ve Changed:
- Shampoo: Being a woman with decently long hair I got through A LOT of shampoo and conditioner bottles that just end up in the trash. I switched to the shampoo bar. The shampoo bar lasts up to 80 washes which are the equivalent to three bottles! Not only are you saving the environment you’re saving money too, there only $12 CAD at Lush. To make your bar last even longer I highly recommend the Round Tin to put your bar in. Check out there Conditioner Bars while you’re there too!
- Grocery Shopping: I was always notorious for not bringing my reusable bags to the grocery store but have been working on it! I get my bags from Walmart or Ikea since there only $1 or $2 for a massive bag. I also ordered some Reuseable Produce Bags for my fruits and veggies.
- Toothbrush: Something as simple as switching your plastic toothbrush to a Bamboo Toothbrush can do wonders. A bamboo toothbrush takes 10 years vs hundreds of years to biodegrade.
- Plastic Wrap: I have changed my plastic wrap to using Beeswax Food Wraps. They are perfect for a zero waste alternative.
- Ice Coffee: I LOVE my ice coffee which is why I loved when Starbucks released their new Colour Changing Reuseable Cups. They are $16.95 for five adorable cups and save 10 cents each time you use it while saving the environment from another plastic cup, its a win-win.
- Cleaning Products: With Jade, I felt like I had been using way too many paper towels and sponges to clean up after she eats since it always looks like a bomb goes off when she eats. That’s why I invested in the Unsponge and Unpaper Towels. I love this company called Prairie Cloth Company they have reusable cloths, napkins, bags, tissues, facial rounds and more!
- Makeup Remover: I would go through so many makeup wipes/packages it was crazy. Not only was it wasteful but expensive too which is why I decided to switch to a Makeup Remover Balm. The Facial Rounds go great with the balm to take off your stubborn makeup.
Changing up some of your everyday habits to a more green alternative can do wonders for the planet. I know I’m not the only one that wants to leave a healthy planet behind to their children and future grandchildren. Less waste, more life.